- 17% of charter schools are “superior to a matched traditional public school” and
- 37% were worse than the matched school.
Of course, this means that charter schools are the answer to education’s woes.
- 7.5-10% of student test score gains can be attributed to teacher quality and
- 10-20% of student achievement results can also be statistically linked to teachers, but
- “about 60 percent of achievement is explained by nonschool factors.”
So, this means that schools without adequate family or community support must be solely responsible for the ills of education. Anything less than 100% success is unacceptable!
Yep, that sounds like what I keep reading and hearing. Here endeth the snarkiness.