- RTTT is dishonest (though not maliciously so).
- RTTT is more of the same.
- RTTT encourages teaching to the test.
- RTTT encourages cheating.
- RTTT makes teachers out to be the problem.
- Local control of curricula.
- RTTT doesn’t get at the root cause.
Now, I can’t say I’m lock-step with all of Dr. Taylor’s explanations, but #4 caught my eye right away because of this article on recently discovered cheating.
However, this was–of course–my favorite line in Dr. Taylor’s article: “The teachers are the people who fight the good fight every day against enormous odds for low pay and even less respect.”