During the Holocaust unit with the Butterfly Project I discussed yesterday, I also do the following:
- show Schindler’s List after school,
- have the students compose a diction analysis with The Chosen,
- show (in a period) the Oprah episode with Eli Wiesel revisiting Buchenwald,
- have the students write a reaction to Night to their parents (and have the parents respond to the students and then a final student reaction to the parents),
- show The Pianist after school.
So far, the unit has gone exceedingly well. We finish The Chosen tomorrow night and then will take a partner exam this Friday (over the two books) after reviewing for two days.